Well, through recent events, my life has taken a fairly good turn for the better. I won't bore you with the details, but I would like to share one small morsel.
This weekend my wife and I had the opportunity to spend some time alone together. Now we always have date night. I truly believe date night is sacred and even if we are frustrated with each other, we go. Well this week we went with my brother and his wife. Somehow they had offered to take our two youngest to have a sleepless over at my brothers house.
My two middle children are off goofing around in CA on band tour (no jokes about band camp please), This would mean, that my wife and I were all alone. Yes all alone in the house for aver 24 hours. My first thought "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!"
The children disappeared around 2pm on Saturday and we had been doing chores and goofing off a bit. My darling wife was out making the women of the world look gorgeous, so I had the house all to myself.
What happened next should have been my first clue. My wife got home around 3:30, neither of us had eaten anything all day, so at 4pm we decided to go to "dinner". Now I ask you, what kind of people go to dinner at 4pm? Yup, you guessed it, we were the retired crowd dinner group.
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with a little Cafe Rio in the afternoon (not a metaphor). But dinner at 4pm really? We left for home with full tummies, and remembered the NASCAR race was on. How nice for us, we could snuggle in bed, hold each other close, watch the race.....etc, etc, etc. (insert wiggly eyebrows here)
Well to make a long story short we were both asleep by 6:30.
Yup, life in the fast lane.
Um, you might think this is a sad, sad story, but the really sad thing is that it sounded like a *perfect* night to me.
ReplyDelete