Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Marketing Anyone?

In keeping with the recent funny theme, I would like to share this little morsel with my public.

I usually start listening to sports radio about halfway through the basketball season. I like to keep up just a bit with whats going on, and really I am only in the car for about an hour a day, and I get my sports fix, its a good solution.

A few days ago, the morning show was discussing the usual and I had zoned out just a bit. Then the commercial came on. THE commercial, the commercial to end all commercials.

Before I dazzle you with this tastly little dish, I would like to say, my degree is in marketing. I have thousands of dollars of student debt becuase I know how to market things, and how to take surveys, and find what people want, but more importantly, I learned the fine art of double checking your work.

I wish I could find the script word for word, but this is what I heard:

"Men, its basketball season, time to get out and play with the boys, play hard, show your stuff" (anyone noticing a theme here?) The announcer continues...:

"When your not on the court you are riding the pine" (fine a nice basketball term, I can deal with that)"Well, why not get off the pine, and go get a vasectomy"

It went on to give the name of doctor so-and-so who can do such-and-such with the you-know-whats and then you can have all the you-knows without worrying about the uh-ohs.

I was simply baffled. First why all the references to playing with the boys and showing your stuff, and then out of no where, "get off the pine and go get a vasectomy?" I mean, I can see getting off the pine to go get a slurpee, or a taco, but a vasectomy? How does that play out?

Bill: "Mark, I am coming in for you man"
Mark: "Thanks man, I am exhausted. You know rather than sitting out, I am going to run over and get snipped. You wanna come along?"

Really, did anyone read this, listen to it. proof it, think about it? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment