Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not Quite

Well, in keeping with the low self esteem theme, I would like to tell you a small story.

A while back I was a district trainer for a large retail video chain who shall remain nameless,,, I like to train. I think I keep things interesting while presenting the information in a format people will remember. I would like to think I am somewhat entertaining.

I tell you that story to tell you this one; recently I have been asked to help with a small portion of the training at my current work. It's a nice break and it gives me an opportunity to really get to know all the people coming to work for our company.

Well, in one of my most recent trainings, I was about 30 minutes in to my schtick when one of the younger girls raised her hand. Now I work in the mortgage industry, which is notorious for hiring very pretty girls. This is how the conversation went:

Craig: "yes, did you have a question?"
Unnamed Girl: "you kind of remind me of a movie star, but I can't think of his name..."

At this point, the first thought that pops in my head is possibly George Clooney, he's older, distinguished, good looking, rugged...yeah, that may be him. So I asked,

Craig: "is he a current movie guy?"
Unnamed Girl: "yeah I think so, dang, what was he in?"
Craig: "George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp?" (all older distinguished gentlemen)
Unnamed Girl: "OH WAIT! I remember, it was the guy from Ghostbusters, the nerdy accountant"

Yup, nothing like a little Rick Moranis to really make your day...

2 comments:

  1. Dad,

    We've discussed that you look like Rick Moranis many times. Not only that, but you do his voice! Did you do your Rick Moranis Ghostbusters impersonation for her? I think it might have helped...

    Also, she RAISED HER HAND to ask you that? What a dork...

    ReplyDelete
  2. be quick, stay sharp, make good decisions.

    ReplyDelete