Friday, September 10, 2010

all alone again

Like the good Willie Nelson song, I am

"all alone again,
I just can't believe I'm alone again
my wife has gone and I'm the mom in the kitchen
I can't believe that I'm all alone again" (follow the tune, it matches)

Yes my dear wife has gone off on another wonderful Mary Kay trip, leaving me all alone again. Expecting me to pull of yet another miracle in the kitchen and actually believing I will get the right kids to the right school at the right time with the right backpacks...

not going to happen.

lauren left late, no lunch, I think she said she can get one. She's cute someone should be able to feed her. I think I packed Kyles lunch, there was food in a bag when he left anyway. I did manage to put carrots and strawberries in a bag for Grant (no Wendi I did not wash them) and made bloody sandwiches (too much jelly where it oozes out the sides is called bloody sandwiches).

I finally got everyone on there way, made it to work an hour and fifteen minutes late and thought I was doing really well. Thats when it hit me... I didnt brush my teeth or put on deodorant. I had to run to the building bathroom to make sure my hair was combed....yup its going to be a long day.

After texting Wendi to remember who got out of school when, I made the mad dash to pick up the kids; and a hamburger for myself thank you.

We had some folders to return to Office Max and as we were leaving we passed a Carl's Jr. There was a rather large young man coming out and Grant the calm loving 11 year old says

"Ahhh the typical fat kid at Carl's"

Now I ask you, is it me? At one point the kids got to take responsibility for themselves right?

No comments:

Post a Comment