Did you ever have ONE OF THOSE DAYS? You know the ones. They make you want to run and hide, stay in bed, punch a sibling, drive over a cliff, you get the idea. Well today seemed to be one of those days. After the big four day weekend work smacked me in the face like a five pound bag of nickels.
I know you need to keep a stiff upper lip, and put out there what you want back, and keep a good attitude, and what you think about you bring about, yadda yadda yadda. I get it. Some days, it just feels like you are the inside of an enema bag.
I spend a few extra hours at work trying to get caught up and come home to do the budget and bills, which by my calculation, is akin to rolling naked on upturned thumbtacks and then diving headfirst into a swimming pool full of rubbing alcohol.
After 'trying' to do the budget I decided I needed a break. I had put in at least 15 good hard minutes, I think Camelot is calling. (keep building Spartacus!) I drift in and out on facebook, win a few thousand chips in farkle, feed my fish in ocean party, build a mine, the usual.
I decided I would like to read my kids' blog. It was then that I realized they may have listened, just a little. by the time I got through the posts, I was crying. Big, fat, Ryan Newman crashed again tears. Simple silly things like things they have learned, but would never admit to my face. I think all I have really tried to do is teach them honesty, hard work, a love for family, God and country, and for some silly reason, something made it through.
So if you have ever had one of those days, take a moment to look at your kids (usually when they are sleeping) and realize, someday, sometime, it just may be worth it all.
Oh how true that is . . . love that swelling of pride and love you get, huh?
ReplyDeleteAnd just so you know I would rather be the inside of an enema bag than the inside of the bed pan once that enema works... just saying.